Wednesday, April 14, 2010

April 8-11 Tallahassee, Florida

My sisters and family friends had planned a 50th wedding aniversary party for my parents. I think around 75 people showed up and it was a great time. I couldn't pass up on an opportunity to surprise them for the weekend. I flew in Thursday afternoon and spent the weekend at the house, all family members present. Sister Christy graciously carted me around Tallahassee on Friday morning for a small, "can't get in the islands" shopping spree. The primary acquisitions were shorts (yes, you CAN wear Columbia gear out if you try hard enough), a stainless steel coffee press and an ATT air card for our imminent arrival to the US coast.

Martha flew in from Princeton, NJ for the event. Martha introduced my parents many moons ago.
Bonnie and Rob hosted the party at their house. The pool bar top is handmade and inlaid with sand collected from all over the Carribean. A great idea. While I now have shells stashed from one end of this boat to the other, I do not have sand. It gives pause for thought....
Reed and Maggie got bartending lessons from Barry.


























The cake cutting, complete with the original cake toppers. While posting it may make my mom mad, all other family members will revel in capturing this rare moment, "The Look", on film. It only lasted a split second, quickly replaced by a smile. For the uninitiated, who may have difficulty interpreting subtle nuances of The Look, this particular look means: I know exactly what you are thinking. Smear that cake on me and die. I wouldn't have done it either....








A heartfelt champagne toast...





























I did not take nearly enough pictures.
What a great party and what a great time I had with the fams!!!
Love you all!!!

1 comment:

Christy S said...

You have great pics! I have about 2...but expecting some disks from Mary and Rick, so will share!

:)