Friday, April 16, 2010

April 16 Warderick Wells, Exuma Park, Bahamas

We left Staniel Cay and came over to Exuma Park today, arriving around 1230 in the afternoon. Winds had subsided briefly during our trip but cranked back up to 25knots just in time to catch a park mooring ball. This horseshoe-shaped field is very narrow and barely has enough room to turn the boat around. We reversed our usual mooring roles and Craig drove while I caught the ball. Thankfully, Ken was on the bow with me to help. Whew!







The front continued to build, so we had lunch and decided to just check into the park and otherwise have a relaxed afternoon on the boat.
Banana quits. Cute little birds. One in my galley. How bold is that? It flew right down the campanionway to check for crumbs and sugar on my countertops. Pristine housekeeper that I am, it found none and flew on through the boat, exiting through the forward hatch. We played with a pack of them up at the marine park office.









2 comments:

Skip said...

Housekeeper that I am, could net me an entire FLOCK-o-seabirds yuck yuck.

The Grotto looks cool. Ken was quite the waterdog...

I have had squirrels climb into my golf cart, but never had pigs sit down on my beach towel. is that a worry?

Hope every day of Ken's visit is nice and sunny! all the best, Pirate Skip

Candy said...

Sorry, Angela, I snorted milk out of my nose at that "pristine housekeeper" comment :) JK - little birdies are precious - you should get a little cage and bring one home with you for Mom!
It's been interesting watching your progress on the Spot - I wondered why you all were going so far out to skirt up the coast until I turned on the satellite image - OH, look at all that coral and stuff that would seriously mess with the underside of Hakuna! Glad you have the expert Capitan at the helm!
Hugs -