Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sept 29 Texas State Fair

Craig took me to the fair today. I have never been. The weather was perfect and it was great fun. We hiked around for about 7 hours, taking in pigs, horses, new cars, music shows, wild bird shows, more cars, home improvements, gadgets, games and a few rides.

Howdy Folks. Big Tex welcomes you to the Texas State Fair, where, among other things, you can actually now purchase your very own heart attack. The answer to your question for me and Captain Bypass is a resounding NO.




Craig checked out trucks and jeeps. I checked out vettes and vipers.
Christy: I haz speedz. I wantz more speedz. whyz i living on a sailboat?



















Best game on the midway: Shooting out the star with a full-auto BB gun. Close but no prizes for us. Bonus round: watching the tobacco-chewing, scuffed up boots-wearing, skoal-can mark in the back pocket of the levi's, camo-wearing boys give it a whirl.









Most interesting game: hit the chicken launcher with a hammer and try to get the chicken to land in the moving pot...












The "illumination sensation" fireworks and laser light show we caught on the way out:




















Dakota waited up for us and got a prize when we got home:











Oh. And I bet you wanted an update on the captain. He is doing just fine, mostly back to his usual self. He does cardiac rehab when it fits in our busy social schedule and is quite the star, being the only man without gray hair in the whole place. We are flying down to Tallahassee this Friday to visit my parents and friends in Florida. Craig will stay a week and I'll stay for two. Upon my return to Texas, we plan to run down to Kemah for several days to play, visit friends and scout real estate. When your own boat is thousands of miles away, what to do but run down to the coast and terrorize the waterways on someone else's boat?? Captain Skip is making all preparations for our visit.


4 comments:

Candy said...

Cool - wish we could've gone with you all - we'll be sure and hit all the high points you've mentioned on Saturday! Love the Viper - will have to check it out and see how many $$$$ that bad boy will set you back - maybe I'll do that instead of sending the kids to college LOL
Give Mom and Dad a hug for me - Thanksgiving seems like a long way off :( Hope we get to see you before you head south again.
Love ya- CRW

Christy S said...

Ohhhhh! Very nice.
Dakota got a Cartman!
"If a girl ever talked to me like that......" heh heh heh...

I'm in ur fairs, fryin up ur nasties!
Srsly? Fried butter? Sick.

Skip said...

Cant wait to see you both. LET'S SAIL!

pirate skip

Dan and Sue said...

Hey and what is wrong with fried butter? Good grief! I thought the chocolate covered bacon at the Nebraska State Fair was over the top!! Woo hoo!

Thanks for the updated post. Angeloa - you LOOK GOOD in that Viper!

xoxox

Dan and Sue