Wednesday, May 19, 2010

May 19 Party over Here (Tallahassee) Party over There (Key West)

I am in Tallahassee enjoying long hot showers and quality time with my parents. I can't show back up at Dell-Perot with trashed out, sun and salt-soaked hair, so I did a Loreal color job because a) I'm worth it, and b) there was some gray (the horror....). Today my mom treated me to an Aveda salon cut and some serious shampoo and conditioner. Work has not fully intruded into my life yet but it is creeping in. This evening I have a conference call at 7pm. Right in the middle of patio happy hour. Can you believe that?? We are going for shrimp and oysters tomorrow evening, before the oil invades the famed beds of Apalachicola Bay. More to follow on a comparative analysis with Texas gulf coast crustaceans and bivalves....

http://www.oysterguide.com/maps/gulf-coast/apalachicola

Dave and Skip have made it to the boat. Correction. They have made it to Key West. I just called Craig and they are "discussing" travel plans at a "meeting" at Turtle Kraals on the boardwalk. The boys leave tomorrow for the now 6 day trip across the Gulf of Mexico. It is 850 miles! The oil slick continues to spread and reportedly, a tendril of oil has now entered the Gulf Stream Loop Current. It is on its way to the keys, so it is time to get out of there.

If you don't have the link, follow their progress at:

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=01jO48fsx9ND6WJvd9aBHK68Fp0tv63qu

Fair winds and following seas!!!

2 comments:

Christy S said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SEESTER!!!!

flgatorgoddess said...

Happy Birthday!!!-- WOW a job as a birthday gift :(... oh well- better to have than not i guess