Friday, October 17, 2008

August 2006 changes in lattitudes.......

So in August 2006 Angela and I decided to put the plan into action. I made a huge life change and left my job at AVHQ after 15 years, sold most of my belongings, and moved to Florida to start a new career as a sailing instructor for Offshore Sailing School (http://www.offshore-sailing.com/). Angela was to keep her job, sell her house and move into the "big house with the pool" for the interim while we both decided if we were not crazy.

Of course everyone at AVHQ needs an "excuse" to have cake and a party so this was my party on my last day.






I arrived in Fort Myers the first week of August 2006 and started work with Offshore. These photos are the view from my apartment on Fort Myers beach as well as the school on Captiva Island.



Sailing with a spinnaker in Fort Myers beach as well as teaching classes at Captiva Island.






Skip was of course the first to come visit me in Fort Myers Beach after my departure from Dallas. He sailed with me on a Colgate 26 and also found a "Pirate" during one of the festivals we visited during the weekend.



1 comment:

Skip said...

Damn you are getting the hang of the BLOG. good work typer...

-skip